The Role of the Board of Education is to establish goals, objectives, and policies for the school district.
It is the general policy of the Board to perform its work, as far as practicable, as a committee of the whole. Among its more important duties, the Board shall:
- Establish policies to guide the operation of the school program consistent with the Oklahoma School Code and Federal regulations for governing the public schools.
- Appoint a Superintendent of Schools to administer the policies of the Board of Education.
- Adopt an annual budget to finance the operation of the schools in accordance with legal requirements.
- Assume the responsibility for providing for such capital outlay expenditures as are necessary to maintain an adequate school plant.
- Inform the public concerning the progress and needs of the schools, the instructional program, and the financial status of the School District.
- Accurately account for receipts and expenditures through the financial employees and custodians of funds and financial recording of all funds, including activity and lunchroom funds.
- Consider and take action upon all recommendations of the Superintendent of Schools in matters of policy, legislation, salary schedules, personnel employment, and other personnel regulations, courses of study, and school activities.